- ETP average daily volume surged 32.31% m/m (+51.23% y/y), to 2.49 bn, as the VIX average daily close jumped 23.62% m/m (+38.24% y/y), to 27.41.
- Average daily value traded climbed 28.38% m/m (+7.34% y/y), to $156.7 bn.
- ETPs accounted for 21.86% of total equity ADV (+405 bps m/m) and 30.69% of ADVT (+398 bps m/m).
- The 20-most-active ETPs comprised 33.04% (-1,067 bps m/m) of total ETP volume and 7.22% (-56 bps m/m) of all equity volume.
- Nasdaq (+46 bps m/m) gained the most market share; Off-exchange venues (-169 bps m/m) lost the most.
- Net ETP fund flows were positive for a fifth consecutive month (+$16.31 bn). US government fixed income (+$15.54 bn) and US equity funds (+$13.40 bn) led the way. US corporate fixed income (-$5.38 bn) and emerging market funds (-$4.43 bn) funds suffered the steepest net outflows.
View the report