- The 212 equities listed in both Canada and the US had average daily volume across both countries of 759.6 million shares in September (+38.00% m/m).
- Of this total, 459.5 million (+45.06% m/m) traded in the US and 300.1 million (+28.44% m/m) in Canada, for a US-CAD split of 60.5%-39.5%, compared with 57.5%-42.5%, in August.
- The US OTC market traded 3.26% of the total value in single-listed Canadian securities, up 119 bps m/m.
- Market-wide Canadian ADV (including single-listed names) jumped 19.36% m/m (-0.81% y/y), to 942.8 million shares.
- Dark-pool market share fell 6 bps m/m (+83 bps y/y) in September, to 5.38%.
View the report