- The 225 equities listed in both Canada and the US had average daily volume across both countries of 689.6 million shares in March (+7.91% m/m).
- Of this total, 367.7 million (+6.78% m/m) traded in the US and 322.0 million (+9.22% m/m) in Canada, for a US-CAD split of 53.3%-46.7%, compared with 53.9%-46.1% in February.
- The US OTC market traded 1.43% of the total value in single-listed Canadian securities, down 9 bps m/m.
- Market-wide Canadian ADV (including single-listed names) increased 0.42% m/m (-21.24% y/y), to 1,071.2 million shares.
- Dark-pool market share fell 64 bps m/m (+68 bps y/y) in March, to 5.11%.
View the report