- The 233 equities listed in both Canada and the US had average daily volume across both countries of 603.9 million shares in January (-7.54% m/m).
- Of this total, 346.8 million (-5.44% m/m) traded in the US and 257.1 million (-10.23% m/m) in Canada, for a US-CAD split of 57.4%-42.6%, compared with 56.2%-43.8% in December.
- The US OTC market traded 1.67% of the total value in single-listed Canadian securities, down 2 bps m/m.
- Market-wide Canadian ADV (including single-listed names) fell 3.76% m/m (-20.21% y/y), to 1,027.5 million shares.
- Dark-pool market share rose 88 bps m/m (+68 bps y/y) in January, to 5.32%, the highest level since February 2020.
View the report