- ETP average daily volume spiked 31.81% m/m (-7.15% y/y), to 2.43 bn, as the VIX average daily close jumped 23.93% m/m (-37.05% y/y), to 18.89.
- Average daily value traded climbed 26.31% m/m (+5.26% y/y), to $164.7 bn.
- ETPs accounted for 22.86% of total equity ADV (+502 bps m/m) and 31.52% of ADVT (+505 bps m/m).
- The 20-most-active ETPs comprised 41.73% (+448 bps m/m) of total ETP volume and 9.54% (+289 bps m/m) of all equity volume.
- MIAX (+89 bps m/m), and Nasdaq (+51 bps m/m), gained the most market share; Off-exchange venues (-201 bps m/m) lost the most.
- Net ETP fund net flows were positive (+$20.60 bn) for an eighth consecutive month, with US government fixed income ($19.81 bn) and US equity funds (+$14.01 bn) leading the way. Corporate fixed income (-$8.12 bn) and emerging market funds (-$4.12 bn) suffered the largest net outflows.
View the report