- ETP average daily volume increased 1.67% m/m (+41.05% y/y), to 2.71 bn, as the VIX average daily close climbed 4.47% m/m (+23.47% y/y), to 26.97.
- Average daily value traded dropped 5.90% m/m (+30.60% y/y), to $205.9 bn.
- ETPs accounted for 19.45% of total equity ADV (-244 bps m/m) and 29.96% of ADVT (-74 bps m/m).
- The 20-most-active ETPs comprised 38.37% (-202 bps m/m) of total ETP volume and 7.47% (-137 bps m/m) of all equity volume.
- Off-exchange venues (+146 bps m/m) gained the most market share; Cboe EDGA (-82 bps m/m) and MEMX (-56 bps m/m) lost the most.
- Net ETP fund flows were positive (+$87.62 bn) for a 32nd consecutive month. US equity funds ($+56.10 bn) once again led the way, followed by US government fixed income funds (+$15.21 bn).
- Only foreign developed market (-$2.27 bn) and global funds (-$202 mln) saw net outflows.
View the report