- Average daily value traded fell 5.44% m/m (-6.01 y/y), to €65.83 billion.
- The VSTOXX average daily close rose 3.27% m/m (+51.51% y/y) to 28.74, while the FTSE 100 IVI rose 7.71% m/m (+51.89% y/y) to 23.35.
- Lit trading (+217 bps m/m), Bank SIs (+55 bps m/m), Dark MTFs (+25 bps m/m), periodic auctions (+17 bps m/m) and ELP SIs (+7 bps m/m) gained market share. Closing auctions (-238 bps m/m), OTC trading (-78 bps m/m) and opening auctions (-7 bps m/m) lost ground.
- Cboe DXE (+104 bps m/m) gained the most pan-European on-venue market share. The London Stock Exchange (-99 bps m/m), SIX Swiss (-85 bps m/m) and Deutsche Börse (-51 bps m/m) lost the most.
- Among the national exchanges we track, only Euronext Amsterdam (+13 bps m/m, NL 25) gained market share in its home index (see table, page 7). Nasdaq Helsinki (-598 bps m/m, FI 25), Deutsche Börse (-441 bps m/m, DE 40) the London stock Exchange (-316 bps m/m, UK 250) lost the most.
- Alternative closing-auction market share rose 121 bps, accounting for 8.24% of total end-of-day activity.
View the report