- Average daily value traded climbed 12.73% m/m to €102.11 billion.
- Volatility increased, with the VSTOXX average daily close up 28.50% m/m to 36.28, and the FTSE 100 IVI up 25.15% m/m to 27.88.
- Over-the-counter trading (+88 bps m/m), closing auctions (+66 bps m/m) and dark MTFs (+5 bps m/m) gained market share. Lit trading (-72 bps m/m), bank SIs (-34 bps m/m), periodic auctions (-25 bps m/m), ELP SIs (-24 bps m/m) and opening auctions (-4 bps m/m) lost market share.
- Nasdaq Stockholm (+81 bps m/m) and SIX Swiss (+50 bps m/m) gained the most pan-European on-venue market share. The London Stock Exchange (-39 bps m/m) and Deutsche Börse (-34 bps m/m) lost the most.
- Among the national exchanges we follow, SIX Swiss Exchange and Euronext Lisbon gained the most market share in their home indexes. Bolsas y Mercados Españoles suffered the biggest decline.
- Alternative closing-auction market share fell 121 bps, accounting for 6.04% of total end-of-day activity.
View the report