- The 212 equities listed in both Canada and the US had average daily volume across both countries of 550.4 million shares in July (-6.75% m/m).
- Of this total, 316.8 million (-8.02% m/m) traded in the US and 233.7 million (-4.96% m/m) in Canada, for a US-CAD split of 57.5%-42.5%, compared with 58.3%-41.7%, in July.
- The US OTC market traded 2.07% of the total value in single-listed Canadian securities, up 71 bps m/m.
- Market-wide Canadian ADV (including single-listed names) slipped 0.02 % m/m (-14.02% y/y), to 789.8 million shares.
- Dark-pool market share fell 39 bps m/m (+61 bps y/y) in August, to 5.44%.
View the report