- The 229 equities listed in both Canada and the US had average daily volume across both countries of 639.1 million shares in February (+5.82% m/m).
- Of this total, 344.3 million (-0.73% m/m) traded in the US and 294.8 million (+14.66% m/m) in Canada, for a US-CAD split of 53.9%-46.1%, compared with 57.4%-42.6% in January.
- The US OTC market traded 1.52% of the total value in single-listed Canadian securities, down 15 bps m/m.
- Market-wide Canadian ADV (including single-listed names) rose 3.81 % m/m (-14.05% y/y), to 1,066.7 million shares.
- Dark-pool market share rose 43 bps m/m (+129 bps y/y) in February, to 5.75%.
View the report