- The 232 equities listed in both Canada and the US had average daily volume across both countries of 678.1 million shares in October (-0.08% m/m).
- Of this total, 404.2 million (+2.80% m/m) traded in the US and 273.9 million (-4.05% m/m) in Canada, for a US-CAD split of 59.6%-40.4%, compared with 57.9%-42.1% in September.
- The US OTC market traded 1.70% of the total value in single-listed Canadian securities, up 2 bps m/m.
- Market-wide Canadian ADV (including single-listed names) increased 0.94% m/m (-22.30% y/y), to 959.4 million shares.
- Dark-pool market share rose 14bps m/m (-12 bps y/y) in October, to 4.68%.
View the report