- The 235 equities listed in both Canada and the US had average daily volume across both countries of 703.8 million shares in August (+0.54% m/m).
- Of this total, 434.2 million (+0.58% m/m) traded in the US and 269.6 million (+2.39% m/m) in Canada, for a US-CAD split of 61.7%-38.3%, compared with 62.4%-37.6% in August.
- The US OTC market traded 1.92% of the total value in single-listed Canadian securities, up 21 bps m/m.
- Market-wide Canadian ADV (including single-listed names) increased 0.66% m/m (-10.58% y/y), to 918.8 million shares.
- Dark-pool market share dropped 10 bps m/m (+23 bps y/y) in August, to 4.83%.
View the report