- Average daily volume dropped 33.88%m/m (+123.96% y/y), to 2.74 bn, compared with a 21.09% decline m/m across all equities, as the VIX average daily close fell 28.20% m/m (+220.13% y/y), to41.45.
- Average daily value traded tumbled41.77% m/m (+85.59% y/y), to $144.6 bn.
- ETPs accounted for 22.19% of equityADV (-429 bps m/m) and 31.08% of ADVT (-684 bps m/m).
- The 20-most-active ETPs accounted for 63.18% of total ETP volume and 14.02% of all equity volume.
- Off-exchange venues (+457 bps m/m)gained the most market share, while Nasdaq (-220 bps m/m), NYSE Arca (-189 bpsm/m) and Cboe BZX (-90 bps m/m) lost the most.
- ETP fund flows were positive for an eighth consecutive month, at $24.26 bn. US equity funds ($16.69 bn) led the wayonce again, followed by US corporate fixed-income funds ($13.59 bn) and US government fixed income funds ($4.46 bn). Foreign developed market funds(-$7.38 bn) and emerging market funds (-$4.44 bn) suffered the greatest outflows.
May 8, 2020
March 22, 2023European Securities Volumes: February 2023
March 9, 2023Canadian Trading Monthly
March 2, 2023US Securities Volumes: February 2023
February 28, 2023Rosenblatt's Market Structure News Digest