Canadian Trading Monthly
Monthly ETP Review
US Securities Volumes
August 10, 2018
- Exchange-traded-product ADV fell 10.78% m/m (+9.42% y/y), to 1.13 bn, compared with a 16.54% decrease in total equity ADV.
- Average daily value traded inched up 0.30% m/m (+22.91% y/y), to $74.3 bn.
- ETPs accounted for 18.67% of equity ADV (+121 bps m/m) and 24.40% of equity ADVT (+323 bps m/m), as the VIX average daily close declined 3.88% m/m (+28.09% y/y), to 13.15.
- NASDAQ (+54 bps) saw the highest m/m market-share gain; Off-Exchange venues (-64 bps) suffered the biggest loss.
- ETPs fund flows turned positive, with net inflows of $25.5bn in July. US equity focused funds outpaced all other groups, with net inflows of $18.9bn. Corporate-fixed-income products were a distant second, with $6.3bn.
- Foreign-developed-market (-$3.8bn), commodity (-$960mn) and currency (-$72) funds were the only groups to experience net outflows.
Back To List
January 23, 2020Canadian Trading Monthly
January 17, 2020Rosenblatt's Monthly ETP Review: 2019 Year-In-Review
January 15, 2020EU Securities Volumes: 2019 Year-In-Review
January 10, 2020US Securities Volumes: 2019 Year-In-Review