Canadian Trading Monthly
Monthly ETP Review
US Securities Volumes
November 26, 2019
- Before the dust could even settle from its bold move to zero commissions, Charles Schwab Corp. swoops in to buy a weakened TD Ameritrade
- Another potential bidding war for a European exchange, as Switzerland’s SIX Group and Euronext circle Spanish exchange operator BME
- With rival IEX out of the listings business, NYSE brings back floor-based Designated Market Makers and ditches its copy of IEX’s speed bump on its NYSE American exchange.
- Amid a frenzy of publicity about outsourced trading arrangements, questions about whether asset owners ultimately will bear the cost
- SEC Commissioner Robert Jackson sweeps up good press as the 2020 presidential election nears its first primaries.
- European authorities prepare tweaks to the sweeping MiFID II reforms implemented last year
- Ahead of next month’s general election, the UK’s Labour Party tables an extension of the country’s financial transaction tax
- The SEC’s Fixed Income Market Structure Advisory Committee considers equity-like reforms for Treasury trading
- Regulators clear the way for blockchain US equities settlement while continuing to grapple with initial-coin offerings
- A Congressional task force sets a hearing on the impact of artificial intelligence on markets and financial-services jobs