Canadian Trading Monthly
Monthly ETP Review
US Securities Volumes
April 16, 2020
- The 181 equities listed in both Canada and the US had average daily volume across both countries of 1,255.0 million shares in March, up 83.61% m/m.
- Of this total, 597.7 mn (+118.15% m/m) traded in the US and 597.7 mn (+56.39% m/m) in Canada, for a US-CAD split of 47.6%-52.4%, compared with 55.9%-44.1% in February.
- The US OTC market traded 1.70% of the total value in single-listed Canadian securities, down 40 bps m/m.
- Market-wide Canadian ADV (including single-listed names) surged 51.99% m/m (+50.44% y/y), to 1.74 bn.
- Dark-pool market share fell 24 bps m/m (-329 bps y/y) in March, to 5.20%.
Back To List
May 22, 2020Let There Be Light - European Edition
May 18, 2020Canadian Trading Monthly
May 8, 2020Monthly ETP Review
May 6, 2020Why Off-Exchange Market Share Has Been Setting Records Despite Historically High Volatility