Securities is seeking a sharp, highly-motivated Technical Specialist with an
interest in finance to join its industry-leading group on Wall Street. We are a
lean, fast-moving firm. As such, for this high-visibility role we
are looking for a proactive candidate who has exemplary communication skills and is a
master of doing a wide array of technical tasks and projects where no day is
exactly like the last. Being a master of learning is required and promoted here.
Technology team is responsible for making sure our trading infrastructure is
highly resilient to support our day-to-day trading operations. In addition, we
provide the tools, workflow and analytics to support our analysts and growing
research team to provide the best product for our customers.
Being that we
support such important technology and make such an impact on our employees and
customers, your technical knowledge combined with your desire to learn and
improve efficiencies on all levels of our company will make you feel part of a
growing business that you can be a part of and help shape.
responsibilities of the role will include:
- Providing technology assistance including desktop support, technology procurement, CRM management, social/web
media management and related items.
- Maintaining our existing hardware infrastructure
(networking, servers, phone system, computers, laptops, mobile devices) and
identifying issues and areas of improvement.
- Learning about our Order Management System
(Fidessa), being able to manage incoming connectivity requests from new and
existing customers, testing new software releases and becoming an expert in the way
we receive order flow and route it to various
candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or demonstrated competency in Computer Science or a related field.
- 1-3 years relevant working experience in technology support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain complex topics, verbally and in writing, in terms understandable to laypeople
- Technical Skills such as: networking, operating systems, databases, spreadsheets, documentation, task/project management.
- Software Development experience is a plus.
- Willingness and desire to accept constructive criticism and continuously improve
- Capacity and desire to work as part of a team
- Passion for financial markets a plus
- Commitment to treat colleagues and external constituencies with respect and decency
- Unimpeachable personal integrity, including but not limited to a commitment to comply with all rules and regulations governing the firm’s business and relationships