To apply to the below position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Rosenblatt Securities is seeking self-motivated, highly performing research associates to join one of the fastest growing research boutiques on Wall Street. We aspire to be the go-to shop for global tech and define technology very broadly to include where the puck is going vs. where it’s been, we are disruptors, we innovate and embrace change. We not only cover technology stocks, we do field work and embrace technology, working from the road or at home is seamless and we do client webinars and podcasts regularly. Our firm has a 40-year history of treating people like people, within research we have a small and rapidly growing group that has a start-up feel, yet is attached to a larger more stable business with a dominant market share on the NYSE. Our office is steps from the NYSE in a building on Wall Street with a 59th floor view of Manhattan.
The ideal candidate wants to make a difference, learn, grow, has the utmost integrity, is a team player and ideally is personally driven to do the work required to become a great investor. This role is ideal for a self-motivated college graduate with a curious mindset that likes to research and solve complex tasks. In addition, the role may best fit someone with an interest and passion for equity research, and may appreciate exposure to senior analysts, management, CFOs and CEOs. You will do research aiding senior analyst investment recommendations and your own written contribution to research reports. Research includes outbound channel checks, surveys, web-scraping and a variety of ad hoc projects that include in depth industry and company analysis. Research will complement your build and maintenance of a 3-statement model adhering to US GAAP standards (plan to be tested).
What you will get out of this role:
• Daily interaction and mentorship from your senior analyst.
• Mentorship from an experienced director of research that is invested in your success and growth.
• A team of research associates to help you with onboarding and learning the basics.
• Sponsorship and time to take required regulatory licenses SIE, Series 7, 63, 86 & 87, and the CFA exams.
• Access to our founder and CEO, President, other senior management, the salesforce, our trading desk and floor brokers on the NYSE.
• Travel to see companies and attend conferences necessary for first hand field work to you understand technology and build your own network of contacts.
• Most importantly, if you do the work and take the initiative, you will develop the skill set to become a great investor, what you do with that is up to you!
Technical Skills that you need to bring to the table:
• Strong financial modeling skills (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement)
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
• Mastery of advanced MS Excel required (Pivot table, Vlookup, Index Match, short cuts)
• Mastery of MS Word and PowerPoint required
• Ability to download and manage big data and parse into subsets that illustrate trends in the data
• Ability to rapidly get up to speed and eventually master CRM systems (Salesforce or SingleTrack)
• Ability to rapidly get up to speed and eventually master Research Publishing systems (BlueMatrix or Analec)
• Knowledge of Python preferred but not required
• Exposure to HTML
• Undergraduate degree required