To apply to the below position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rosenblatt Securities is seeking self-motivated, highly performing research associates to join one of the fastest growing research boutiques on Wall Street. We aspire to be the go-to shop for global tech and define technology very broadly to include where the puck is going vs. where it’s been, we are disruptors, we innovate and embrace change. We not only cover technology stocks, we do field work and embrace technology, working from the road or at home is seamless and we do client webinars and podcasts regularly. Our firm has a 40-year history of treating people like people, within research we have a small and rapidly growing group that has a start-up feel, yet is attached to a larger more stable business with a dominant market share on the NYSE. Our office is steps from the NYSE in a building on Wall Street with a 59th floor view of Manhattan.
The ideal candidate wants to make a difference, learn, grow, has the utmost integrity, is a team player and ideally is personally driven to do the work required to become a great investor. This role is ideal for a hungry college grad, that possesses a lot of common sense, knows how to figure things out quickly and would appreciate exposure to senior analysts, management, CFOs and CEOs. You will do primary research such as surveys, web-scraping, model-building and will need advanced knowledge of accounting, US GAAP to build and a maintain a 3-statement model (plan to be tested).
What you will get out of this role:
• Daily instructions from your senior analyst in an apprentice model structure.• A team of research associates to help you with onboarding and learning the basics.
• Mentorship from an experienced director of research that is invested in your success and growth.
• Sponsorship and time to take the CFA exams and required regulatory licenses SIE, Series 7, 63, 86 & 87.
• Access to our founder and CEO, President, other senior management, the salesforce, our trading desk and you will visit our floor brokers on the NYSE.
• The ability to travel to visit companies and conferences to do first hand field work so you understand technology and start building your own network of contacts.
• Most importantly, if you do the work and take the initiative, you will develop the skill set to become a great investor, what you do with that is up to you!
Technical Skills that you need to bring to the table:
• Strong financial modeling skills (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement)
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
• Mastery of advanced MS Excel required (Pivot table, Vlookup, Index Match, short cuts)
• Mastery of MS Word and PowerPoint required
• Ability to download and manage big data and parse into subsets that illustrate trends in the data
• Ability to rapidly get up to speed and eventually master CRM systems (Salesforce or SingleTrack)
• Ability to rapidly get up to speed and eventually master Research Publishing systems (BlueMatrix or Analec)
• Knowledge of Python preferred
• Exposure to HTML
Soft Skills that you must possess:
• Integrity, reliability and grit
• Keen attention to details
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage several projects at once, prioritize and consistently meet multiple deadlines
• Self-motivated and intellectually curious
• Firm first and client service mentality
• Strong work ethic
• Curious and proactive work style, ability and desire to “figure it out” independently
• Ability to communicate with co-workers, verbally as well as electronically and works well with remote offices, including India, China and London
• A passion for investing in stocks, intellectual maturity, and an endless desire to learn
• Willingness to go the "extra mile" to find the right answer and provide our clients best-in-class research
• Ability to think outside the box and complete projects with minimal instruction
• Team player that pitches in without being asked
• Willingness and ability to work long hours
• We aspire to be the best at everything that we chose to do, being driven to be the best is a must and you can advance at your fastest pace possible with our research team structure
• However, we understand that everyone has their own pace of learning and are comfortable with growth at different paces
• We will give you what you need to excel, but we understand that real learning takes time and steady progress is the key to success
• Hours are very demanding during earnings season and during an analysts coverage launch phase (expect some late nights and early mornings)
• Whenever major news announcements hit, you are expected to be on call and ready to go
Description: Rosenblatt Securities started as an independent NYSE floor broker in 1979 with a simple goal: help clients prosper with conflict-free advice and execution services. Since then, we have adapted, expanded and diversified to become a leading agency brokerage, investment-banking and research boutique. But we remain committed to our founding principles in everything we do: Be a trusted counterparty who safeguards clients' anonymity while minimizing information leakage and market impact