To apply to the below position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Rosenblatt Securities is looking for a Sales Trader to join its NYSE floor team to help expand its growing business. Candidates will be expected to work closely with other members of the team to cover institutional accounts in a client facing capacity. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, equity trading, trade research, settlement/billing, and NYSE systems setup up and support. This position requires daily attendance at the NYSE trading floor in lower Manhattan. Prior experience is not required as the job offers substantial on the job training.
1. Possessing (or obtaining in a timely fashion) the required FINRA and/or NYSE registrations: Securities Industry Essentials certification, Series 19 (NYSE Brokers Exam), Series 7 (General Securities Representative Exam), Series 63 (Uniform Securities Agent State Law Exam), and the Series 57 (Securities Trader Exam).
2. Work closely with other members of the Rosenblatt floor team to meet each client’s unique needs as they relate to trade execution and trade support.
3. Resolve and reconcile trade breaks and billing mismatches with Rosenblatt Operations.
4. Maintain a daily end of day billing recap.
5. Possess or (obtain in a timely fashion) the ability to navigate and use NYSE Systems (BBSS, Broker Handheld) as it relates to trading, client order routing, and risk management.
6. Possess or (obtain in a timely fashion) the ability to navigate and use Fidessa or another order management system.
7. Host clients and other firm guests on the NYSE trading floor during market hours.
The candidate should be intelligent, a great communicator, have strong analytical ability, and work well under pressure. She or he should be a creative thinker/problem solver and should be able to make sensible decisions while under pressure by considering the risk factors involved. She or he should have a strong interest in helping team members build a growing and ever-changing business.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited university in finance or business is preferred. Other majors requiring strong analytical and/or numbers skills are welcomed. Previous experience in equity trading/trade support is welcome.
Rosenblatt Securities started as an independent NYSE floor broker in 1979 with a simple goal: help clients prosper with conflict-free advice and execution services. Since then, we have adapted, expanded and diversified to become a leading agency brokerage, investment-banking and research boutique. But we remain committed to our founding principles in everything we do:
Be a trusted counterparty who safeguards clients' anonymity while minimizing information leakage and market impact
● Access liquidity, wherever it resides, to maximize customer alpha
● Embrace any technology or venue that will improve clients' results
● Be deeply expert, including understanding market structure nuances to offer a trading edge
● Deliver personalized, hands-on service that bulge bracket firms can't match
At Rosenblatt Securities we strive, first and foremost, to foster a culture of integrity and independence, in which doing the right thing leads to doing well for ourselves, our clients and the firm. We believe in the Golden Rule and good karma. Like we and many other parents tell their kids, we firmly believe our reputation means everything.
Rosenblatt offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and supports work/family/life balance considerations for our employees.
To apply for this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the firm, please consult www.rblt.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V