To apply to the below position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Rosenblatt Securities is seeking a sharp, highly-motivated Technical Specialist with an interest in finance to join its industry-leading group on Wall Street. We are a lean, fast-moving firm. As such, for this high-visibility role we are looking for a proactive college graduate who has exemplary communication skills, can manage multiple projects and completing a wide array of technical tasks. Being a master of learning is required and promoted here.
The Rosenblatt Technology team is responsible for making sure our trading infrastructure is highly resilient to support our day-to-day trading operations. In addition, we provide the tools, workflow and analytics to support our analysts and growing research team in order to provide the best product for our customers.
The primary responsibilities of the role will include:
• Providing technology assistance including desktop support, technology procurement, CRM management, social/web media management and related items
• Maintaining our existing hardware infrastructure (networking, servers, phone system, computers, laptops, mobile devices) and identifying issues and areas of improvement
• Learning about our Order Management System (Fidessa), being able to manage incoming connectivity requests from new and existing customers, testing new software releases and becoming an expert in the way we receive order flow and route it to various venues
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree required, demonstrated competency in Computer Science or a related field a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to explain complex topics to laypeople
• A logical thinker and experienced problem solver. Isn’t satisfied until they understand how things work and they enjoy the process of ‘digging deeper’
• Takes pride in being organized and efficient always open to newer ways of doing things
• Thrives on working through disparate tasks and getting them done thoroughly. Being able to create workflows that assist in maximizing task completion
• Passionate about software and hardware technology. Gets pleasure out of experiencing and testing and learning new systems and how they work
• Proficient with general computing concepts. Even if unfamiliar with specific software or concepts, can easily use foundational knowledge and experience to quickly adapt and learn (and enjoys this process)
• Willingness and desire to continuously improve
• Capacity and desire to work as part of a team
• Passion for financial markets a plus
• Unimpeachable personal integrity, including but not limited to a commitment to comply with all rules and regulations governing the firm’s business and relationships
Description: Rosenblatt Securities started as an independent NYSE floor broker in 1979 with a simple goal: help clients prosper with conflict-free advice and execution services. Since then, we have adapted, expanded and diversified to become a leading agency brokerage, investment-banking and research boutique. But we remain committed to our founding principles in everything we do: Be a trusted counterparty who safeguards clients' anonymity while minimizing information leakage and market impact