To apply to the below position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Growing boutique advisory firm is seeking a qualified Associate to work in its Financial Technology Investment Banking group. Strong finance skills and at least two years of experience in investment banking as an analyst or as a research associate working in fundamental research are prerequisites.
• Responsible for participating in all aspects of a capital raising and M&A transactions, including building complex financial models, drafting teasers, offering memoranda, decks and other deal collateral materials and assisting with data room set up and responding to due diligence inquiries
• Work alongside members of the team to help close transactions
• Responsible for tracking client and prospect financial/operational condition, as well as industry trends, events, and completed raises and M&A
• Play an integral part of deal teams in developing, structuring, and executing transactions and other projects for new and existing global clients
• Support senior bankers in generating marketing collateral and overseeing the development of accompanying materials and analyses, including monthly newsletters, thematic research and preparing company/industry profiles
• Actively oversee and mentor junior analysts to develop client and pitchbooks and other work product
• Take lead role in handling logistics for 200+ person annual fin tech conference
• Interface with internal teams (including drafting investment banking committee memos), client management, and potential counterparties to carry out projects and execute transactions
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong corporate finance skills in understanding revenue models, expense structures and evaluating earnings power of companies
• Excellent analytical (quantitative and qualitative) skills, solid understanding of company valuation fundamentals, economics, finance, and accounting, especially the interaction of all financial statements, 2-4 years experience in Investment Banking
• High level of proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite, including advance features of MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word to prepare deal collateral
• M&A experience or equity research experience is mandatory for this role, with financial institutions, technology or fin tech investment banking experience preferred
• Knowledge of Financial Technologies (covering payments, banking, capital markets, asset management, reg tech and insurance) and emerging technologies like AI/machine learning, blockchain and digital assets, data analytics, SaaS, cloud, etc. is preferred
• Highly effective communication/collaboration skills and thrives in a fast-paced / entrepreneurial environment
• Genuine intellectual curiosity with a passion for solving diverse, multifaceted business conundrums across industries and markets
• Team player with ability to lead and coach analysts and interns
• High standards of professional and ethical conduct
• FINRA licenses: Series 79, 7 and/or 63 highly desirable but not mandatory
• MBA or MA in a related field preferred
Rosenblatt offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. To apply for this position, please contact email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V