To apply to the below position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rosenblatt Securities is seeking a self-motivated, high-performing sales trader to join one of the fastest growing international research boutiques on Wall Street. We aspire to be the go-to shop for global emerging and frontier markets very broadly and to date are live with 15+ international partners. We not only cover a broad set of international markets and sectors, we also have a busy events calendar with weekly analyst and corporate access events. Our team works seamlessly from the road or at home and we do client webinars and podcasts regularly. Our firm has a 40-year history of treating people like people; the international markets group is composed of deeply experienced professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit; it has a start-up feel, while still attached to a larger more established business with a dominant market share on the NYSE. Our office is steps from the Exchange with views overlooking the city.
The ideal candidate wants to make a difference, perform, execute, has the utmost integrity, is a team player and is personally driven to do the work required to become a trusted advisor to our clients. This role is suitable for a seasoned and established executive with an extensive personal network around the world (senior by maturity, young at heart). You will be closely working with sales and primarily focusing on collecting compensation for our services from clients through trading and going the extra mile to get the ticket with our flows, market color and blocks.
Technical Skills that you need to bring to the table:
• Regulatory licenses Series 7, 63, 57
• Knowledge of International Markets, preferably covering Asia EM and Frontier. You will be expected to consistently inform our buy-side trading desks on market news and trading flows and have a deep understanding of trade mechanics for all markets in the region.
• 8 years or more of experience covering buy-side equity trading desks on international markets (existing relationships with US firms is preferred).
• Understanding of electronic products from employing algos to using IOIs
• Experience with electronic trading systems (BBG EMSX, Fidessa, Triton, FIX networks etc.) and post trade processing
• Ability to report and manage trade flows
• Prior experience with CRM systems (Salesforce or SingleTrack) preferred - willingness to master expected
Soft Skills you must possess:
• Integrity, reliability and grit
• Keen attention to details
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and intellectually curious
• Client service mentality
• Strong work ethic
• Curious and proactive work style
• Ability to communicate with co-workers, verbally as well as electronically and works well with remote offices, including India, China and London
• Willingness to go the "extra mile" to find the right answer and provide our clients best-in-class services
• Ability to think outside the box and complete projects with minimal instruction
• Team player that pitches in without being asked
• Language skills a plus
• Willingness to work overnight hours (if US based)
• We aspire to be the best at everything that we choose to do, being driven to be the best is a must and you can advance at your fastest pace possible with our team structure
• However, we understand that everyone has their own pace of producing and are comfortable with growth at different paces
• We will give you what you need to excel, but we understand that business building takes time and steady progress is the key to success
• Hours are demanding and you need an established routine to recharge your batteries for sustaining
• Whenever our clients want to transact, you are expected to be on call and ready to execute
Rosenblatt Securities started as an independent NYSE floor broker in 1979 with a simple goal: help clients prosper with conflict-free advice and execution services. Since then, we have adapted, expanded and diversified to become a leading agency brokerage, investment-banking and research boutique. But we remain committed to our founding principles in everything we do: Be a trusted counterparty who safeguards clients' anonymity while minimizing information leakage and market impact