To apply to the below position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rosenblatt Securities started as an independent NYSE floor broker in 1979 with a simple goal: help clients prosper with conflict-free advice and execution services. Since then, we have adapted, expanded and diversified to become a leading agency brokerage, investment-banking and research boutique. But we remain committed to our founding principles in everything we do:
Be a trusted counterparty who safeguards clients' anonymity while minimizing information leakage and market impact
● Access liquidity, wherever it resides, to maximize customer alpha
● Embrace any technology or venue that will improve clients' results
● Be deeply expert, including understanding market structure nuances to offer a trading edge
● Deliver personalized, hands-on service that bulge bracket firms can't match
At Rosenblatt Securities we strive, first and foremost, to foster a culture of integrity and independence, in which doing the right thing leads to doing well for ourselves and the firm. We believe in the Golden Rule and good karma. Like we and many other parents tell their kids, we firmly believe our reputation means everything.
In 2014, observing that emerging and frontier capital markets were maturing and AUM growing, but coverage and service levels from bulge bracket firms in those markets were nevertheless declining, we believed an underserved market was being created. To address the perceived need, we decided to forge relationships with an array of the world's leading non-US financial institutions dominant in these local markets that we’d be able to leverage for our institutional client base. These exclusive relationships have allowed us to “chaperone” these local banks and brokers in order to bring investors some of the highest-quality equity research and corporate-access opportunities, as well as access to capital-markets transactions, from a host of emerging and frontier markets. Our best-in-class partners employ more than a hundred analysts in 33 countries, covering more than a thousand stocks. We also now run a fully staffed international desk with global trading capabilities which allows us to provide locally-sourced blocks and liquidity. The color and differentiated insight we are able to provide through our partners on the ground and our focus on this niche gives our clients a demonstrable edge.
● Primary responsibility will be to act as the chief liaison and interface between several of Rosenblatt’s local partners and Rosenblatt business units, facilitating effective communications between corresponding teams and identifying mutually beneficial business opportunities that can be pursued
● Will require gaining a granular understanding of Rosenblatt’s capabilities/product offering and each local partners’ needs and product offerings. Become a trusted strategic advisor to the partners via deep understanding of niches, network and business plans. Create compelling value propositions mapped to client business needs
● Given that the primary interest of the local partners’ is monetizing their research, corporate access and trading capabilities, onboarding and starting production with major institutional investor clients or prospects of Rosenblatt is key. Accordingly, institutionalizing a process to communicate actionable research ideas to the Rosenblatt emerging and frontier markets salesforce with the goal of engaging the clients and prospects is essential, as is identifying the best analysts at the partners and desirable corporate access events (conferences, calls, non-deal roadshows) and convincing the local partners to deliver them. Understanding local partners’ capital markets calendar/pipeline is important to make sure we can mobilize early to help distribute any tranche intended for the US (if any). Organizing effective communication of block flow is also important
● Looking for other ways to monetize the relationship with local partners is also crucial. As prominent agency traders, selling our US execution services to partners who may have US equities flow is one area where we are starting to find success. Selling our own technology, media telecom research to the partners’ clients is also an example. Looking for ways to work together on investment banking transactions (both M&A and corporate and capital raise mandates) is also an opportunity
● Help to optimize company road shows and events with clients
● Understand competitive landscape and client needs to effectively position our Chaperoning practice and other Rosenblatt services. Analyzing whether we have the right partner to maximize revenues is essential and identifying additional potential partners can be helpful
● Cross sell across various products including equity research, equity trading, investment banking, and chaperoning
● Analyze and relay information on the regional and global economy, client holdings and new research ideas
● Generate business ideas based on real-time analysis of regional market events
● Facilitate analyst and corporate marketing meetings with institutional investors
● Provide comprehensive account coverage and client development as well as actively prospect new clients to increase sales within the assigned territory
● University degree. MBA, Masters/PhD in a related field, and/or CFA is a plus
● The candidate must have experience in successfully developing new growth and product opportunities
● Ten (10) years of experience performing institutional sales or business development with pre-existing industry contacts/leads
● Existing and/or evolving in-depth understanding of the financial services and banking business
● Expertise in relationship building that increases account penetration and leads to increased revenue opportunities with existing clients
● Strong understanding of evolving regional market structures and can manage through an ever-changing equity trading environment
● Client centric mindset; looks at all sides of an issue with the client's lens at the forefront
● Possess a team-oriented mindset and work in close partnership with the various sales, research, trading, investment banking teams and relevant support partners
● Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail
● Intimate knowledge of the key players in the region
● Synthesizes information effectively to create compelling presentations/documents (strong PowerPoint and Excel capabilities)
● Strong time management, organizational skills and an ability to prioritize
● Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions
● Ability to multi task and meet short deadlines
● Must be an energetic self-starter
Rosenblatt offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. To apply for this position, please contact email@example.com.
For more information on the firm, please consult www.rblt.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V