A FINTECH New Year's Resolution!
TAKING STOCK OF FINTECH STARTUPS AND TOP TRENDS TO WATCH IN 2019
Will 2019 Be More of 2018, Or a Different Ball Game?
A Quantitative Work Alliance for Applied Finance, Education, and Wisdom discussion led by:
Dushyant “D” Shahrawat
This session will quickly take stock of what FinTech startups have achieved until now, where they have succeeded, where they have failed. What has the last five years of startup frenzy really achieved?
Then we will launch into what to expect in 2019. What will be the top innovation trends to watch. What are FinTech valuations like? Who’s on the IPO ramp?
Here’s a sample of what we will discuss:
1. The impact that FinTech startups have had on incumbent financial institutions
2. The subtle changes underway: Value chains disaggregating, size and scale advantage eroding, market power shifting, new rules of competition
3. How Unconventional players (FAANGs) and foreign entrants (ANTFinancial) are emerging
4. Current valuations of startups, and how valuations could change in 2019
5. Unicorn IPO’s expected in 2019, and the FinTech startups that are on the IPO ramp
6. What’s the climate for raising capital in 2019. How will public market volatility impact the private market
7. Major trends and issues to watch in 2019. E.g. growing use of AI/ML in Investment decision making.
Come and participate in a lively, thoughtful and insightful presentation on the current state of financial services, and what lies ahead.
It’s a perfect way to start 2019, and get ready for the opportunities/challenges ahead. See you soon.
Dushyant “D” Shahrawat is a financial services’ thought leader, MIT Sloan Fellow and FinTech advisor with 22 years’ experience advising financial institutions, tech firms, service providers and regulators on market trends, emerging technology and innovation. He has deep domain knowledge in financial services, having published 100+ research reports on strategic issues impacting finance, and has been invited to speak at conferences in 25 countries. D has also been quoted extensively in the press, interviewed on CNBC, Fox News, NPR, and been a guest speaker at Columbia, MIT and NYU.
For the last 5 years, he has been deeply involved in the digital transformation of finance (FinTech), having advised VCs and startups, and helping incumbent financial institutions innovate. In 2014, he was selected to be a MIT Sloan Fellow for a year, focusing on Innovation and entrepreneurship along with 120 executives from 34 countries.
Dushyant is active on the global FinTech circuit. He was invited by the Monetary Authority of Singapore to speak at the largest FinTech festival in Nov 2018, advised the Chinese government on regulating P2P lending, and served on the World Economic Forum's Cybersecurity committee meetings in NY/London/Singapore, to create a global blueprint for Internet security in finance.
Dushyant will be joining a boutique Wall Street investment bank on Jan 7th, focused on capital raising, M&A advisory and IPOs in the FinTech business.
Time: 6:15 PM sharp
3rd Floor of the Tennis & Racquet Club
939 Boylston Street
RSVP to hugh@QWAFAFEW.org
Mailing List and Payment Link: http://boston.qwafafew.org/